At this time, I am only doing private classes. The price is $125.00 per session for a prenatal class. If you would like to have a group breastfeeding class, please call me and I can work something out. Thank you. I accept Aetna and United Healthcare. I am an in network provider for both these insurances.
I am the real deal, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, IBCLC. I have now recertified until the year 2020. If you use someone, ask them if they are an IBCLC.
Who Am I?
Betty H. Greenman is founder and owner of Breastfeeding With Love, a private practice Lactation Consultant business, in the Houston, Texas area. I received my Bachelors Degree in Maternal and Child Health/ Lactation from the Union Institute and University. I am an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, (IBCLC). I am a professional breastfeeding specialist, trained to teach you new mothers how to breastfeed your baby. I am dedicated to helping new moms, who are experiencing breastfeeding problems, resolve them quickly. Together with my husband, I am the proud mother of eight beautiful breastfed children. Some of our children are parents themselves who have enjoyed breastfeeding their children with my guidance.
What Will We Discuss In My Breastfeeding Class?
The class is taught by me, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Breastfeeding is a personal choice for every new mom. I am so proud of you that you have made the choice to breastfeed.
Human milk is so uniquely superior for your infant feeding and is . It has so many positive benefits. Breastfeeding is a natural thing however, that doesn’t necessarily mean it comes naturally.
Getting started breastfeeding takes time, commitment, understanding and love. I will lovingly and gently show you how to position and latch your baby on your breast. I will I provide prenatal breastfeeding classes for expecting moms and couples in a comfortable and relaxed environment. I will provide individual postnatal breastfeeding classes in your home or my office. I will go over different choices you have when hard challenges arrive.
My goal is to give you confidence in your ability to breastfeed your baby, through professional, practical knowledge, personal experience and information. I will demonstrate techniques for holding or positioning your breastfed baby. This class includes a book, brochures and pamphlets, to keep and review at home. Here are the things I cover in this class:
1. What are the benefits of breastfeeding?
2. Understanding and establishing a good milk production.
3. The anatomy and physiology of the breast.
4. What is a good breastfeeding positions for mom? I will show you how to use pillows to support you and your baby properly.
5. What do you do for sore nipple pain? I will make sure the baby’s lips are properly positioned.
6. I will demonstrate special positions for a baby who is a preemie or twins.
7. I will discuss a customized schedule for mom while breastfeeding and the working.
8. How do you collect and store your breast milk properly?
9. How do you wean your breastfed baby?
10. I have some good tips for dad and other family members how to help a breastfeeding mom.
11. I will discuss breastfeeding problems, such as plugged ducts, Mastitis and Engorgement, to name a few.
12. I go over supplementing at the breast as well as finger feeding techniques by using a syringe for feeding.
Nursing can be challenging. Remember, breastfeeding will take time and patience to master. A good latch is the key to ongoing success with breastfeeding. Don’t struggle on your own. Call a lactation consultant, a breastfeeding specialist, like myself to assist you with all your breastfeeding needs.
To make a reservation, please call Betty H Greenman on her cell phone at (713) 540-8692. I hope all of you have a healthy baby and easy delivery. Please call me before or after you deliver, for a Lactation Consultation. Keep my card near you, so you have my number. Thank you for allowing me to serve you. I feel honored and blessed. This is my true calling that I cherish daily. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.