Accepting New Patients Daily
Betty Greenman is an international board-certified lactation consultant provider of in-home lactation consulting, support, and education for families throughout the Houston Area.
A home consultation is very convenient for moms who have just had a baby. Mothers are more comfortable breastfeeding in the safety of their homes and babies tend to respond better to the quiet and usual atmosphere. The purpose of a home visit is to reassure mothers and help them achieve their breastfeeding goals.
What happens at a Home Visit?
- Before and after weight check of the baby.
- Help you find a good position for mom and baby
- Ensure the baby has a good latch
- Answer any questions mom or dad has such as how to increase milk supply etc.
- Make sure if mom is pumping the breast shield flange is the right size
- Leave a written care plan
How do I know if I need a home visit?
- If the latch is hurting
- If the baby is losing weight
- If moms breast are feeling too full hard and you feel clogged ducts
- If mom has a low supply or oversupply of milk
If you are a United Healthcare and Aetna please call me to find out if your eligible for a fully covered visit payed by your insurance.
Remember I am always just one call away.