Due to Covid-19, I am now offering phone and video lactation consultant telehealth support services nationally for anyone that is under approved UHC and Aetna plans.
Accepting New Patients Daily
Betty Greenman is an international board-certified lactation consultant provider of in-home lactation consulting, support, and education for families throughout the New York, NY Area.
A home consultation is very convenient for moms who have just had a baby. Mothers are more comfortable breastfeeding in the safety of their homes and babies tend to respond better to the quiet and usual atmosphere. The purpose of a home visit is to reassure mothers and help them achieve their breastfeeding goals.
What happens at a Home Visit?
- Before and after weight check of the baby.
- Help you find a good position for mom and baby
- Ensure the baby has a good latch
- Answer any questions mom or dad has such as how to increase milk supply etc.
- Make sure if mom is pumping the breast shield flange is the right size
- Leave a written care plan
How do I know if I need a home visit?
- If the latch is hurting
- If the baby is losing weight
- If moms breast are feeling too full hard and you feel clogged ducts
- If mom has a low supply or oversupply of milk
If you are a United Healthcare and Aetna please call me to find out if your eligible for a fully covered visit payed by your insurance.
Remember I am always just one call away.